“The girl on the train” is the last movie I have seen in the cinema. I haven’t read the book yet, but I think that in near future I will read it. So, here you have a short text talking about the plot and the main characters
Rachel is a divorced woman with drinking problems. Every day she takes a train to go to work, and the train passes near her old house. In that moment, her ex-husband lives with his new wife and his child in this house. Every day, Rachel sees a couple (Megan and Scott). She didn’t know who they are but she invented their names (Jess and Jason) and she imagined their lives.
One morning, she sees Megan (Jess for her) with another boy. The next day, she wakes up with a hangover, wounds and bruises. She doesn’t remember anything about the night before but she has the feeling that something bad happened. Then, she sees that Megan has disappeared on the news. Rachel tries to find what happened with Megan, and what she did the night that Megan disappeared.
· Rachel: is the main character of the story and is a woman with drinking problems.
· Tom: ex-husband of Rachel, he divorced of her because of the drinking problems. Then he forms a new family with Anna
· Megan: is the girl that Rachel calls as Jess, Megan's life is very different to the one Rachel imagines.
· Scott: is Megan's couple, Rachel calls him as Jason. He is a man with many imperfections which difficult their romantic relationship.
· Anna: is Tom’s new wife and has a little child. She is scared of Rachel because she doesn’t know what he can do to her family.
MY OPINION IS…
I really like this film because I know about the story although I never have read it. This film has suspense and mystery. In the beginning of the film, it was difficult to understand it because it has many jumps in time and different points of view but then, as the film goes on, is easier. I recommend this film because I think that is a film that looks for possible solutions to the main mystery. This film looks like the typical movies that are transmitted on TV at 4 pm at the weekends.
Here you have the trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkoEE1i0CX8
Paula G. S.
4th ESO B