The United Nations proposed this day because:
- Violence against women is a human rights violation
- Violence against women is a consequence of discrimination against women, in law and also in practice, and of persisting inequalities between men and women
- Violence against women impacts on, and impedes, progress in many areas, including poverty eradication, combating HIV/AIDS, and peace and security
- Violence against women and girls is not inevitable. Prevention is possible and essential
- Violence against women continues to be a global pandemic.
Hi bloggers! This is my opinion about this day:
The 25 November is a symbol against gender violence, that suppose that women suffer abuse by their partners. Some women even end up by being killed by their couple. This year 40 women have died because of this reason.
I think that a man that mistreats women doesn't deserve any respect, because if he is able to hit or even kill a woman, this is reason enough to remove him.
Joel C. C.
4t ESO A